AFHA Spring Stakeholders Meeting
Richwood, West Virginia
Friday, April 12, 2013
• 9:00 a.m. Guided tour of Collins Hardwood
• 10:00 a.m. AmeriCorps Presentations at J. H. Meadows Municipal Center (City Hall)
• 11:30 a.m. Blueprint Communities panel discussion - 2nd Floor Auditorium
• 12: 00 p.m. Catered luncheon – 2nd Floor Auditorium
• 12: 30 p.m. ***AFHA Stakeholder’s Meeting – 2nd Floor Auditorium***
• 2: 00 p.m. AFHA board meeting – Council Chambers, First Floor
***This will be the first in a series of public meetings to gather feedback about what the public would like to see AFHA focus on in the future. AFHA is considering the possibility of National Heritage Area designation. This would bring the prestige of declaring our forest heritage as nationally significant, as well as the possibility of support through the National Park Service. AFHA hopes that the planning process can help to raise awareness about this option, and build support to help achieve NHA designation. All are encouraged to attend the public meetings, and/or to submit any comments directly to AFHA.
Collins Hardwood is located at 108 East Main Street in Richwood, WV.
From East: WV39 to Richwood, Left
at Exxon, mill entry on right, approximately 100 yards.
From West: WV39 to Richwood, through traffic signal, mill is
straight ahead approximately 0.2 miles, on right.
• J.H. Meadows Municipal Center (Richwood City Hall) is located at 6 White Avenue in Richwood, WV. From East: WV39 to White Avenue, two-story brick with glass front on left; From West: WV39 East, one block east of traffic light, turn Right, building on left, brick, two-story with glass front.
All floors ADA accessible in J. H. Meadows Municipal Center. Collins Hardwood, generally accessible, save for second-floor meeting room.
Four Seasons Lodge (one-half mile, East of Richwood on WV 39,)
Office (304) 846 – 4605; Fax (304) 846 – 2170; Toll Free (800) 829 – 4605